Accessibility Statement for HeySummit
HeySummit Ltd is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to Support Accessibility
HeySummit Ltd takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of HeySummit:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
HeySummit is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of HeySummit. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on HeySummit: https://help.heysummit.com/help. We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with Browsers and Assistive Technology
HeySummit is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Latest 3 versions of Chrome on desktop, tablet and mobile devices
HeySummit is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions or mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Accessibility of HeySummit relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of HeySummit, there may be some limitations.
Below is a description of known limitations. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below. Known limitations for HeySummit:
- Session Videos: Session videos may not have captions or audio descriptions because We are unable to take responsibility for content supplied by event organisers. We will consider in our feature development how we can support our customers in this area. Please contact the event organiser to report specific issues.
- Color Contrast, Element Descriptions and Tagging: Text may not pass color contrast 3. guidelines and some page elements may not be properly tagged as legacy features have not fully considered all accessibility requirements. We will endeavour to improve legibility as we continue to improve the platform. Color contrast, font and legibility may be improved on some parts of HeySummit through the use of Custom CSS. Please contact us to report specific issues.
- Keyboard Use: Some parts of HeySummit may not behave as expected when using a keyboard to navigate as legacy features have not fully considered all accessibility requirements. We will endeavour to improve keyboard navigation as we continue to improve the platform. Please contact us to report specific issues.
- Carousel Content: Some components do not allow the user to control the content as legacy features have not fully considered all accessibility requirements. Please contact us to report specific issues.
- Forms: Some users may find issues interacting with and submitting certain forms as legacy features have not fully considered all accessibility requirements. Please contact us to report specific issues.
HeySummit Ltd assessed the accessibility of HeySummit through: